Will my roof fall down? (Previously under 'Home repair')

Hi - currently building a sunlounger / conservatory as part of a large

extension

My issue is over the strength of a wall - the top right hand corner i the plan view

See attachement

Check out our web site -

(usual disclaimer fo contributing to the 99% of internet junk)

On top of the inner leaf sits a box sectional steel beam which support the roof.

Assuming I've done my calulations correctly the steel will take th roof, both in span and canterleaver!

Question will this pillar take 1/4 of the roof weight and latera movement?

Does anyone have any calculations, ideas, information,experience, gu feelings, on how strong this needs to be?

Best regards

Camero

Cameron

GIven the size of your works, it suppries me that you don't have an arhitect you can ask. The BCO is involved, so he will want to see the calcs, which means that unless you can do them, and are insured if you screw them up, you need to find somebody that can/is.

Rick

Reply to
Rick