Will my Potterton 80E explode if I disconnect the Water Pressure Switch?

Hello all.
The water pressure switch on my Potterton 80E is kaput - I know this because the boiler fires and works fine when I've disconnected the switch, but the low pressure light is on when I reconnect.
I've heard that one can leave the switch disconnected 'as a temporary fix'. My question is: how long is 'temporary' in this context, and what are the possible negative consequences of leaving it off?
I'll be installing a new one ASAP, but right now I'm cold, the dishes are dirty and my wife is upset!
Any help greatly appreciated.
Scott

Not for more than is absolutely necessary, so get a new one quickly.

Thanks for the reply. My question is really, would it be OK to leave it on for, say, 2 days?
And what risks am I taking in doing so?
Any help gratefully accepted.
Scott

If it is only for a couple of days, or a week or so, then you won't really effect anything. Just keep an eye on it and make sure the system is not bubbling and making weird and wonderful noises. But the device is there for safety reasons, so it is not recommended to leave it off line for prolonged periods of running the system. The ideal situation is to order the part and make sure it is going to arrive before you do the workaround of removing the faulty one.
Scott Burgess wrote:

This switch is a low pressure switch. The pressure releif valve is what stops the boiler exploding. However if you toast your boilerif there is no water in it - as you have disconnected the switch - then that will be your loss.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk