Will I ever get planning permission???

Sorry, today I'm mostly ranting!

I've got this porch, a hideous flat roofed 70's DIY nightmare of a blue crumbling embarrassment. It is so far beyond crap, that if I replaced it with actual crap, my neighbours would be pleased. I submitted a planning application in March. 21 weeks later I was told that my replacement porch was not acceptable, so I had it redrawn as a small open pitched-roof-timber-frame-on-small-wall-typical-thing you get round here, and thay are still f*cking around.

OK, this isn't the whole story, but if I was to explain it all, it would only be more ridiculous. _And_ when I ring the planning dept. my case officer my case officer will be out of the office for another two weeks _again_. There must be someone I can complain to?

Apologies

LGF

Reply to
legrandfromage

If you want more than a general reply you would have to be much specific. Having said that the best way is to make and appointment and go and TALK to the planners.

Regards from Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

When I first submitted my planning application(s) in the beginning of March, I left it for 8 weeks and then started phoning every 2 weeks or so for a chat. After _21_ weeks they said they didn't like my porch. I must have spoken to them at least half a dozen times and it took that long for them to decide they didn't like my porch. I have no problem with their decision, just that they get to mess around doing sod-all for so long. But that was in July. They are doing it again!

I did however get planning permission to demolish an old shop and garage/petrol station attached to my poxy little cottage and build a 4 bedroomed house with no trouble at all. Funny how the interest of local developers spurs the planning process along. But I shall have the last laugh...I'm not going to sell the land to any of them HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Reply to
legrandfromage

Are you sure you need permission? You may be able to proceed under permitted development rights. First check if your house has permitted development rights (they may have been removed at some point, perhaps at construction, you might live in a conservation area or listed building etc...). Also check your development meets the criteria for a Part D exemption (shown below).

Then, assuming it all stacks up, tell them to f*ck off!

Christian.

development D. The erection or construction of a porch outside any external door of a dwellinghouse. Development not permitted D.1 Development is not permitted by Class D if-

(a) the ground area (measured externally) of the structure would exceed 3 square metres;

(b) any part of the structure would be more than 3 metres above ground level; or

(c) any part of the structure would be within 2 metres of any boundary of the curtilage of the dwellinghouse with a highway.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Why are you applying for planning permission?

  1. Porches are normally exempt, and
  2. If you are replacing an existing (ie repair and maintenance) then you do not need to apply.

The planning officer will have a line manager. Speak to him/her. In addition council employees only have about 30 days leave, plus bank holidays plus flexi-leave (say about 50 days a year), so it is unlikely that thay will be continually out of the office.

After 8 weeks from the original application, you could have appealed to the Planning Inspectorate on the grounds of non-determination by the council.

dg

Reply to
dg