Wilkos - abandoning spray paint?

Went shopping for paint at the w/e. Failed on both sorts, at both Screwfix and Wilko.

Silver metallic aluminium paint - might as well have asked for a cup o'hot polonium. Screwfix list it on the computer, couldn't see it in the paper ca t. It's supposed to be "on clearance", but there was none in stock and gett ing it in seemed to need shipping from Altnahara. Is Screwfix cutting even further back on anything with solvents in it, or were they just being as cr ap as increasingly common?

Wilko's own brand spray paint is cheap and very high quality. Now though, t he shelf was almost empty and what was left was half price on special. Are they getting out of that too?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

fix list it on the computer, couldn't see it in the paper cat. It's supposed to be "on clearance", but th

ere was none in stock and getting it in seemed to need shipping from Altnahara. Is Screwfix cutting even fur

ther back on anything with solvents in it, or were they just being as crap as increasingly common?

t was left was half price on special. Are they getting out of that too?

For aerosols try Range. They have two lots, one for cars and one for crafts.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I'm reasonably certain there's none at Altnahara...

Reply to
S Viemeister

Bought a can from Poundland a few weeks ago. Only used it for spraying one side of a light bulb, so can't seriously comment on the quality, but it's OK so far.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Poundland spray paint tanked in quality at the end of last Summer. I used to use a lot of it (about 50 cans / year), but no more. Just scrapped one job I'd started with the newer stuff - can't get a decent finish with it. I t's easier to remake the piece than to sort the paint out.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

What is wrong with the finish?

Reply to