wiki wierdness

While adding a google groups link to the wiki, I noticed the section numbers seem to be out of sync, e.g if I clicked on the final edit link on the page, it brought up an empty section, I had to click on the penultimate edit link in order to edit the final section.

Seems likely some content in the "7 Ballast Types" or "7.1 Switchstart" entry has upset the wiki software.

Andy Burns

ok try that...

there was a html comment on the end of the 7.1 title text. I moved that to the following line.

Reply to
John Rumm

Andy Burns explained on 19/08/2007 :

Did you mean 6' tubes?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I wasn't editing that section, that was just the section which was upsetting the wiki.

But searching for available tubes seems to show 1800mm (~6') tubes are

70W and 2400mm (~8') ones either 100W or 125W, so the wiki seems correct.
Reply to
Andy Burns

On thinking about it you are correct, it is just such a long time since I last came across an 8' tube. With the slim line tubes having almost universally replaced the fat ones, I doubt they even make the 8' now.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Plenty of places seem to sell them, mostly by the carton though.

Reply to
Andy Burns

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:04:29 +0100, Harry Bloomfield mused:

I still fit and replace 8' fittings and tubes and can buy them by the carton or singly.

Reply to
Lurch

The 100W is the energy saving 125W tube. It was the first retrofit energy saving tube, and reduction in tube diameter from T12 to T8 didn't happen until after this one appeared. Hence it's still a T12, whereas all the other energy saving tubes are T8's. In the US, their energy saving tubes came later, and their 8' one is a T8.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel