Wiki: Unidentified diying object

A few oddities for people to waste their time puzzling out:

you know of any more...

NT

Reply to
meow2222

snipped-for-privacy@care2.com coughed up some electrons that declared:

Well, it looks like it's moulded that way, and not just been cut on the face edge, despite the fibres clinging on.

Beyond that...

Reply to
Tim S

It's the day-old crust of a Furdwangler's butty. Not to be confused with a Knurler's lunch.

Reply to
Lino expert

Just a couple of wild guesses as they are not things I use for DIY

a)Mushroom for scribing? I don't think people darn socks anymore. b)The other fibrous item , could it be the business end of a wallpaper stripper, looks like a yellow hose might be connected.

mark

Reply to
mark

Or a sagger makers bottom knockers breakfast.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Nor indeed a brass-bound uncle frightener.

Reply to
Lino expert

Both of them have long discussion threads already, though where I dont know. The wire in the macro pic is 1mm diameter, so the brown fibrous thing is around 3mm thick. Looks and sounds like hardboard, but I know for sure there was no hardboard there when I took that pic. I've never managed to remember what the d--- thing was though!

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Sorry, cant agree. That contains many of the ingredients of a Knurlers lunch, not 100% agreed, but enough to make it similar.

You appear to have completely forgotton Nark Fettering on Ice.

Tsk.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

True, but then I'd want fries with that.

Reply to
Lino expert

Mornington Crescent?

Reply to
John Rumm

Didn't think you were old enough to remember that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm not, I just love trivia.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Only if we are playing according to Trumpington's Variations.

-- -- Mrs Trellis of North Wales

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If you're willing to accept the Salford deviation

Reply to
geoff

It was the mime that gave it away.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Oh oh. Let's not start! It could be a slippery slope!

:-)

Reply to
dario

No, the slip would be hard by the time the knocker got involved.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

OK - but it's a *saggar* maker's bottom knocker (or his breakfast).

Reply to
Rod

I don't need the trivia, I just remembered the prog :-(

Gawd, I'm getting old and I'm not 63 till next month :-((

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Anybody'd think you knew what it meant...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ