Wiki permissions change

Due to a persistent bunch of dopey spammers who have not worked out that wiki pages with "nofollow" tags on them don't actually help their search engine rankings, we have had to change the default permission on the wiki site to block anonymous edits. In other words, that means you need to login before you can edit or post new articles.

While most of our content in contributed by logged in users, there is a small amount very useful tweaking, error correcting, and proof reading etc that is often done by anonymous editors. If you are one of them, then please accept my apologies if I have just made your life harder, and do please continue to contribute!

Anyone who would like an account, just drop an email to editor at diyfaq dot org dot uk, with your name, preferred login name or "handle", and a working email address. You will usually get a reply with login details within in a few hours.

Reply to
John Rumm