Wicks

Had an email from them saying 25% off selected items this weekend - ends Monday. Included real wood flooring so thought I'd take a look. Been adverts on TV too.

All the wood flooring had price stickers which had obviously been there for ages.

Talked to the manager who said the sticker price included the 25% off. He said the ad didn't say an extra 25% off.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hmm, shaky ground there, as I seem to recall that the original price has to be charged for a certain time immediately before the offer.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Maybe a wickes in some remote hamlet that noone's ever heard of has been charging 25% more just to enable the sale?

Reply to
Caecilius

ISTR that in the days of the original MFI and 60% off sales prices, that there was one showroom somewhere in the country where all the products were displayed with 'full' prices to comply with the rules May just have been an urban myth though.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Hmm.. That's not what I've found at wickes. Got a few deck boards last bank holiday and the discount wasn't on the label, there was an extra sign there for that weekend with the discounted price.

How does the price compare with the website? That updates when the offer is on and shows the discount.

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

And I was so looking forward to a thread about candles.......

Reply to
ARW

Four of them?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Debenhams this afternoon:

(on all but this mug, the sticker on the left covered up the one on the right)

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Careful he doesn't lamp you.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Bastards. Iirc, that was a particularly nasty tactic used by the barrow boys of the retail stores and was specifically outlawed when that piece of legislation came in.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

No you'd find one month in the year the "sale" wasn't on.

Reply to
bert