Wickes SDS+ 3Kg drill

Does anyone know if this is the Kress 800PSE rebadged? I have one of the older Wickes 550W SDS drills but I have a job needing a bit more oomph and a drill with a safety clutch (diamond core drilling). The 550W drill has been a rugged workhorse. I used it to demolish a brick outhouse - a job it did with ease. The NuTool 3kg SDS+ drills that I used on the same job all broke, spectacularly.The Wickes drill did the bulk of the work with no sign of a problem.

I'm inclined to trust the Wickes drill if it is a Kress.

Any comment from those who have one / have used one welcome.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I can't confirm that particular model, but some time ago I did check the appearance of all the Wickes pro-stuff (grey with dark red accents) against the pictures/specs on the Kress website and every detail matched up.

It isn't impossible of course that Wickes has had lesser quality innards fitted, but I believe TMH has a few pieces of the Wickes pro- stuff and speaks highly of them.

Reply to
dom

Does it look like this?

The Medway Handyman