Wickes 'Red Pencil' prices

As you may have seen from the TV ads, Wickes are offering 1,000's of price cuts under the 'Red Pencil Prices' campaign.

One slight snag - they haven't reduced the price of......

Red Pencils :-)

The Medway Handyman

A red pencil to me has red 'lead' The colour of the pencil body not important. Given the majority of ordinary pencils are any old colour.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

chatted up the bored checkout girl and she let me take a handful :) I currently have 1 behind my ear as I type this.

Reply to
Dean Heighington

I got some freebies as well today :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They seem to be cutting prices by a few pence and making a big fuss about it. A whole 40p off an £8.99 saw? I could hardly contain my indifference.

Reply to
Steve Firth

My thoughts exactly.

B&Q Tradepoint is another example. The other day producing my Tradepoint card got me a reduction of 29p.

I just didn't know what to spend it on.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I could probably get a better discount with my B&Q "wrinkly card"!

Reply to
Bob Eager

If you want bigger discounts, just give them a while. They need a chance= =

to raise their prices a bit more first...

Reply to
polygonum

I'm far too young to get one :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The mind boggles.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

ROTFL :) phnaaar phnaaar!

I said she was bored, not sexy! C'mon, this was a 'Wickes' checkout girl. My motive was purely to get more than 1 free red pencil!

Reply to
Dean Heighington

Heh, she allows you one, you take a handful .. way to go .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx