Wickes prices

Local Wickes in Chatham had a monster refit including a "trade counter" for some items. When it opened I moaned that the trade counter still had Wickes prices, not Toolsatan ones. Don't worry they said, we will price match and we can do it online.

Went in today for three simple items;

2 tubes basic silicone, pack of 10 Stanly knife blades, roll of PTFE tape.

Wickes prices £2:99, £3:99, £0:49, Total = £10:46

Toolsatan £1:98, £1:15, £0:21. Total £5:32.

TMH; Can you price match that? W; Have you got proof of prices? TMH goes to van, gets TS catalogue. Wicks droid photographs 3 pages in catalogue.

Reply to
David Lang

*sigh*
Reply to
Tim Watts

Makes as much sense as last time I wanted 60 slabs and several tonnes of aggregates... used the quote service on Travis Perkins... got a quote - fairly high, but with a promise they can price match. Pointed them to the same packs of slabs £200 quid cheaper in Wickes. Oh sorry, we can't match that I am afraid! I highlighted the irony that they *own* Wickes and yet can't match them for price.

Reply to
John Rumm

Sounds like they make it up as they go along then. Soon we will have a counter called Barter station. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Hasn't it always been like this with builders merchants. A high price for those who walking in off the street dressed smartly and another lower price for those who know what they are buying, and with a discount for those 'in the trade'.

Reply to
alan_m

A process that may have worked for walk in trade. However for a company such as TP to stick up a web site to attract direct applications for quotes, you might imagine they would have a different pricing procedure sorted out for that.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yep...

And most all other wholesalers too..

Reply to
tony sayer

6

Just as well Droid(*) didn't look for a date on the catalog. B-)

(*) I wonder if there are any people with the name Droid?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice