Wickes price promise.

Something appears to have changed at Wickes WRT their price promise.

Last time I tried to use it they wriggled like f*ck. It was a shaver socket at about £22 that TLC sell for around £8 IIRC.

They wanted to know if it was the same make, did it comply to the same BS, did TLC have it in stock, - and they phoned TLC to check. Eventually they gave in & matched the price.

I tried this price promise thing a while ago in B&Q. I needed a fair amount of white spirit & Wilkinsons were cheaper. They wriggled like f*ck & claimed that Wilkinsons white spirit wasn't the same as B&Q white spirit.

Today however I was in Wickes & had to buy 4 cartridges of grab adhesive. Wickes own brand @ £3.59 each. I usually buy Gripfill from TLC @ £2.15 inc VAT.

Mentioned this at the till & they immediately reduced the price of their own label stuff to £2.15. No questions, no need to produce a TLC invoice or catalouge, just took my word for it.

Retailers usually use the 'own brand' label to avoid honoring the 'price promise' offer.

Worth a try next time you are in Wickes chaps.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They're not "avoiding honouring" anything since the whole basis of the price promise is that they apply to *identical* products.

If Wickes have chosen otherwise then they will soon go out of business matching the likes of QD stores or the =A31 shops. more likely some numpty till droid who didn't know what they were doing.

Next time, tell you can get similar stuff for =A31/tube at the =A31 shop and see what they say.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Eh? A price promise usually means like for like. Unless you think a Rolls Royce should be the same price as a Kia - after all they're both just cars.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Err, no. The two things have to be identical.

Reply to
Huge

very different to me.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Indeed. TMH should have been offered the shaver point for £21, ie

ARWadsworth

T'wer thissun

The Medway Handyman

The one at £21 was the like for like.