Wickes power shower pump overun when shower turned off?

We installed a Wickes pump to power our over bath shower about 8 years ago, we had to renew the pump about 18 months ago. The pump has started to run on once the shower has been turned off, even waiting up to 5 minitues after the shower has been turned off to start pumping. I am concerned it will burn out if left like this, is it a pressure issue? Or maybe a flow switch problem? Anyone have any experience of this type of problem please get back to me ASAP? Don [IMG]

Smiling DOn

Flow switch problem. try moving the sensor up the pipe.

Reply to
Capitol

A previous pump of mine managed to 'blow' a push-fit flexi-connector off the copper pipework which brought down the dining room ceiling!

I concur.

I assume it's built into the pump, rather than separate, may still be possible to clean it out, but I suspect a warranty return would be justified after only 18 months.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Mine will sometimes over-run if someone has left a hot tap dribbling (usually the bath).

Reply to
newshound