Wickes plumbing/.

Hi, Noticed last night that our local Wickes sells two types of speedfit plumbing. Grey coloured stuff and the slightly more expensive white coloured stuff. Whats the difference is it in application? Thanks, Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

From last weeks experience, the white works well.

Reply to
EricP

Don't think there is a grey 'Speedfit' (tm) unless Wickes are having JG do a special for them (as they do with some of their other stuff). Are they exactly the same design or is the grey one of the other types of pushfit (generic name) such as Polyplumb? If the latter there's a non-reusable grab ring you have to butcher off and replace if you want to reuse a fitting, whereas Speedfit are totally reusable.

Reply to
John Stumbles

I dont think there is a grey 'Speedfit' (tm) unless Wickes are having JG do

Some of the fittings in the range are grey. The pushfit ends of a Flexitap Connector are grey.

Reply to
Bookworm