Wickes Pine or B&Q

Hi al. I want to make a built in wardrobe from pine to keep costs down. I don't want some knotty looking 'hut' here so I will I get a good finish with pine from Wickes/B&Q?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

Go and have a look at what is on offer. They often come from the same tree.

Reply to
TJY

Must be a damn big tree then?

Reply to
Brian G

Arthur,

My advice is to ignore any of the 'sheds' and find a timber/builders merchant in your area where you can feel, look at and select your own timber (rather than forced to buy it in a pack), at the most economical length to suit your job, get loads of advice if you need it - and it's generally cheaper to buy (if you're chatty enough, you can usually work a trade discount as well).

I'm fortunate here as there's a good one less than a mile from my front door!

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G

Generally I find Wickes timber to be better than B&Q, but try a timber merchant. Or if you intend to paint it, face it with thin MDF.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If you are going to leave it exposed definiely go to somewhere like Travis Perkins and specify joinery quality timber - there is a difference in quality (far less knots) and of course price.

Maris

Reply to
Maris