Wickes patio doors

Need to replace 3 sets of patio doors & have been looking at the ones offered by Wickes.

How difficult are these to install as a DIY project? (I know I need certification by my planning office after the installation)

What do you learned fellows think of their quality for the price???

TIA Mike

Reply to
mj

I have wickes windows, I would not get them again. I have found my local REHAU factory, and get my windows there. My local factory is M60-J1

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

I would second this. Choose which profile you'd like to use, say Eurocell, Plastmo or Rehau for arguments sake. Call up their headquarters and ask for your nearest fabricator. You get a custom sized product, usually available for collection within 5 working days (same day service if you're a regular!) and will pay a lot less.

Of course these places aren't usually geared up for DIY enquires, so make sure you have at least a rough idea of what you're ordering. Little things like whether you have deducted clearances for the frames from the size of the opening makes a big difference if they assume wrongly!

Alex

Reply to
Alex

A big cheers guys

I'll have a trawl tomorrow.

I feel reluctant to go to my local supplier who just orders a custom sized units & charges what seems to be a 300% margin just to fit them.

Reply to
mj

Your local double glazing shop on the high street is just going to the local Rehau factory, and fitting them, and taking a profit. However the best showroom is the local high street glasing shop. Don't expect the factory to have glossy brocures of displays.

My local place charges 10% less if you pay on ordering, this covers the 10% of people who never collect. As stated before you need to take the measurments, measure carefully if its wrong its your fault.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Do you have a contact phone number. Searched on google but can't find them.

Reply to
G&M

Look up

Cash and Carry UPC, I never call them, I just pitch up.

If you travel the M60 from sale to stockport, as you approach J1 with the pryamid on the right, they are on the left next to the moterway. A couple of minuites on the side roads and you will find them.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Thanks