wickes makita prices

quite impressed with Wicks (sp) latest Makita power tool pricing- just boug ht a 9" ankle grinder for 115 - toolsatan was 113 for exact same.

the W price for a makita sds drill seemed fair too in comparison.

haven't bothered yet with Wicks "beat that price by 10%" malarky - does it work? for £2 I don't think I can be arsed.

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Well, IME the big chains are good at doing it, and a web reference of a local 'terrestrial' shop is enough. I've done it with a TV and a fridge.

Could have saved you £11.30!

Reply to
RJH

Just noticed - you have up to 7 days to claim . . .

RJH

s'not two quid, though.

It's £115-(90% of £113), so £13.30...

Reply to
Adrian

From their Price Promise:

"Wickes is part of the Travis Perkins Group and will (at the discretion of the Duty Manager) match prices from other Travis Perkins Group companies, b ut will not reduce prices by a further 10% as we are confident that our Gro up pricing is highly competitive."

So it is £2 but if the Duty Manager is in a mood, it might not even be th at.

Reply to
mike

I use their price 'match' all the time. It's about the only fair one.

B&Q for example won't price match one of their DI ALL own brand products with an identical item elsewhere, because the identical item isn't the same "brand"!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

er no as it happens their mak SDS pricing has changed somewhat - though I have a feeling toolsatan/wicks will get more aligned as new stock comes in....

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

bought a 9" ankle grinder for 115 - toolsatan was 113 for exact same.

it work? for £2 I don't think I can be arsed.

what do you need do? just flash Toolsatan's catalogue or are there delicate "hoops" to pre-jump first?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Just flash the Toolsatan/SF/TLC catalogue as appropriate.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman