WICKES BITUMEN

I want to apply a bitumen coat to the bottom 4" of the walls of the brreze block shed I have had built recently. The instructions on the wickes bitumen say there should be render on the brickwork. Is this totally necessary?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

Nope.

Bitumen onto breeze blocks worked for me. You might need to dilute it a bit to get good penetration of the first coat. Use water if you have bitumen emulsion or white spirit/paraffin/diesel for genuine bitumen/tar depending on what you have to hand (don't use petrol!!)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin