Why won't they believe her???

True. But honestly, where do they find such muppets? You could tell from the start of the show where they showed off their 3D plans that there wasn't space for 5 rooms and that it was going to end up a dog's breakfast. Sure enough... Do they interview extensively and then only select the most deluded over-ambitious people they can find? I can't believe these people are representative of the wannabe property developer generation. It's easy for SB to look like a genius next to these clowns...

Reply to
Ben C

I am sure the way it works, is that a large property redevelopment company approached a small independent video company, with cash, and an idea to make it look really hard and really expensive to develop buildings for profit. The self-developers are deliberately chosen for instant TV appeal - namely the stupidest berks you can find, and encouraged to overspend and go mad by the presenter, who then carefully cuts in negative comments and discards all the taped interviews where she told them to go for loads of tiny rooms and a stanless steel urinal etc..

And their losses are made good by the TV company using the funds from the development company.

You didn't think it was for REAL did you? On Telly?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thing is they have nearly always made money so even if they set out to make it hard they give the impression it's easy even if your a stupid berk. I'd put my money on a company selling shoddy properties supplying the funds to encourage these berks to buy their run down properties. ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.