Why's Parrafin dearer than Petrol?

I just use neat washing up liquid worked in with a stiff brush and left for the rain to wash away, removes oil stains completely. Much cheaper and less effort than faffing about with solvents.

I also suspect someone is is being to precious about the appearance of the public highway outside of their boundary.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Fine if the oil is fresh,stubborn ground in over time...nah!

We can all say that but at the end of the day no one want's oil stains outside their house so visitors can step on it and walk it into their carpet...get real.

Reply to
George

No right at all to park on the footway!

Reply to
<me9

It was 118.9 last time I looked, but I gather two of the supermarket chains have started a price war by knocking off several pence. Unfortunately I didn't look at Morrissons as I passed at 1045.

Reply to
<me9

Sunderland.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Another neat trick is to use white spirit and washing up liquid mixed. Thats a great 'swarfega' substitute.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Worked for me with oil well soaked into concrete from a leaky oil pressure sender on the old car. One application of washing up liquid on the spots and a few weeks later they had gone.

That's what doormats and eyes are for. But then I also now own a Land Rover, that is always dropping a bit of oil but never enough to bring in on a shoe.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice