Why professional use only

These downlighters at Screwfix look the business to me:

they are describe as for commercial installations.

Why is this, can anyone think of a reason why I cannot use them for domestic purposes.

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
Bill Gardener

It would usually mean it is of higher quality. For flourescent fittings (not this one), it would normally indicate that it has corrected power factor, too.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Lawrence

usenet at lklyne dt co dt uk

Reply to
Lawrence

My guess would be that its better suited for a commercial installation becuase it sacrifices beauty for practicality, the surround is huge to make changing the bulb easy. I guess in a private house you are going to lean towards having a smaller neater fitting that is more fiddle to change the bulb on. Well, thats my $0.02 anyway...

Reply to
Paul