Why I dont DIY

Ba-dum..tish

Reply to
R D S

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) saying something like:

Japanese handlebar switchgear usually contains a copious supply of pingfuckits, but they are just carrying on the tradition established by Joe Lucas and the Fabulous Flying Marelli Brothers.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

And Wipac. Who remembers Wipac?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Back in the early '60s my dad had a BMC Farina model with the indicator side stalk on the steerig column. It'd played up on the way home, so back in the dark garage he thought he'd see if he could fix it. Well, that Big Bang of pingfuckits is still expanding into the Universe. There wasn't any point in even getting a torch - a 3-position switch on the dashboard was the easiest and permanent solution. Pity it didn't self-cancel.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Martin" saying something like:

My first attempt to repair an electro-mechanical timer control on an old Hotpoint was accompanied by much swearing and the release of numerous PFs into the space-time continuum. I'm convinced the makers either have a pact with the Devil or a local black hole they assemble them in.

Heh, I remember those dash switches. Combined with the dip footswitch, you'd end up doing a dance as you drove.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

I recall visiting a friend (also a time served spark) who was checking out the controller on his washing machine. He held it in his hand and asked me to turn the power on so he could check if the cam motor was running. Having noted the row of contacts underneath where he seemed to be gripping it I asked if he was sure he was clear of the contacts. He said yes he was sure, so I dutifully switched it on and then off again quickly just in case. What a scream he let out! He hadn't seen the contacts underneath and had his fingers across them.

Ho hum.

Reply to
Clive Mitchell