Why didn't the fuse blow?

If its double insulated it shouldn't have 'gone live'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I hope the poor fish were as resistant to shocks as you! ;-)

Reply to
mark.hannah

Niche in the market time!

*Pneumatic kitchen appliances* There's a fortune to be made, trust me. Where would you put the compressor?
Reply to
Graham.

I dont think it was live as it would have been a bit more of a tingle

Reply to
Kevin

Install a new CU with RCBOs on each circuit. More expensive but the best and no equipotential bonding needed. If one circuit flips, the rest stay energised

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

They all survived the electricity, one was bit damaged by the socket falling on it.

They would have fried if they had got between the actual pins.

Reply to
dennis

Pardon?

Reply to
The Wanderer

Equipotential refers to a region in space where every point in it is at the same potential no I am not that clever Wikipedia is though :-)

Reply to
Kevin

Perhaps you could give it self tapping connectors that attach to the fridge cooling circuit. And if you made the pressure pipes curly, when you let go when the soup's blended it automatically yanks it into the fridge for perfect storage. Think a dragon would invest?

NT :)

Reply to
meow2222

A soup dragon? Yes.

Reply to
Rod

The Medway Handyman used his keyboard to write :

Fuse blow, rated at 5 or perhaps even 13amps?

Why would it, it is only there to protect the flex and the appliance, not you. The current passing through you to earth was maybe a fraction of a milliamp. 10 milliamps is suggested to be maybe enough to kill you and it would need 200 to 400 times that current to passing through you and for a considerable time to blow a 1 amp fuse.

An RCD would probably have tripped and provided you with some much needed protection.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

dennis@home has brought this to us :

Nor I - Dry and thick skin.

That is not the way it works it the cinema films - it is supposed to instantly boil, flash and foam - anyone going near it is supposed to instantly be fried.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Well I wouldn't try and murder someone by throwing a hair dryer in the bath, too many witnesses would be left including the victim.

Maybe if you disconnected the neutral and earth and got them to hold onto an earthed tap with one hand and poke their fingers of the other hand into the heater and wee in the water to make it more conductive you might kill someone?

Reply to
dennis

Use a metal bath waste to connect L to the water, add bath salts to increase conductivity, and connect N to metal grip handles on the plastic bath once the person has got in and is nice and wet. They'll probably shock themselves best when they try to get out.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

And no ones mentioned Will It Blend :-)

Adam Aglionby

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Wanderer saying something like:

DrD's been reading some electrical catalogues.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Harry Bloomfield saying something like:

Useful muppet test, that. When I see that kind of sfx scenario on any film I usually turn it off as it speaks volumes about the technical knowledge of the director or his attitude to the audience. I've consistently found it's not worth wasting my time watching the rest of the movie as it's pretty much guaranteed to be bollocks.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

de bacon & lentil soup today

Probably a bit singed? Was certainly hot; eh?

Reply to
terry

thats what most films are "bollocks" you dont have to believe it to enjoy it

Reply to
Kevin

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Kevin saying something like:

Cars that screech on gravel, space ships that rumble as they go through space, magic electrical faults that kill impossibly, etc, etc. Off switch for most of them. Sorry, but I can't watch s**te. Rather, I do watch s**te that's been half-intelligently fx'd.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon