Why aren't all screws pozidrive?

They are usually pozi on bigger terminals like MCBs etc.

Higher mechanical advantage, so more clamping pressure for a given torque.

One of the reasons for using VDE insulated screwdrivers....

Reply to
John Rumm

My parrot chewed through that part.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

> However work exceedingly well using any drill driver without needing to

Doesn't that damage the screw?

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Not if its a Philips, they are designed to do exactly that.

Reply to
dennis

Nope, the philips bits are designed to cam out without damage. Plus you are only doing it once, not repeatedly slipping in the head.

Reply to
John Rumm

> I've got a set like that, and it's quite useful, but it doesn't cover

I was wrong; they still have the driver bits:

Adam Funk