Why are most shaver sockets dual voltage?

?

Spouse's is washed when his face is washed, combed immediately afterwards. That's it.

Those silly ones which are 'sculptored' or unnaturally shaped are simply daft.

'Designer stubble' always looks scruffy.

A bare upper lip with a beard looks weak and puzzles me.

A proper set can't be beaten by anything else!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Isn't that more a function of the people themselves and the fact that they're showing off for the camera?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

S'orlright, I wouldn't swap Spouse's beard (grey, soft, curly and long) for anything!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

How? It's masculine to have facial hair. A secondary sex thingy.

Shaving it off is tantamount to ... well, use your imagination :-)

But the worst part about shaving is that the chin stays 'clean' for such a short time :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Only when they're growing after shaving, I'm told.

You don't need a beard for that, a tie does perfectly well.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hurrah!

Oh poor baby! They really shouldn't send those things to men ... decision making doesn't go with facial stubble.

We recently installed one for the toothbrush charger. It will also be useful for when RAF son stays, he's not allowed to grow a beard.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Women can get them too, can't they.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Michael Jackson and Vaseline products mentioned together doesn't bear thinking about.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Did you hear about the neverland drugs bust? They found class A drugs in the dining room, class B in the kitchen and class 3C in the bedroom.

(Allegedly!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Thataway:

John Rumm

Only for women.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

and goats

Andy Hall

Have you just the mustache or the full works ?

-
Reply to
Mark

"Mary Fisher" typed

You don't need a tie when you have a head of hair like mine...

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Ok I'm fascinated now by your point of view on this.

You seem to be drawing a link between facial and bodily hair... without going so far as the obvious do you think that a man without a back and chest like a small rug is not manly?

Also do you only make this direct association between appearance and 'manliness' or is it behaviour as well? Ferinstance is a man not a man unless he can kill a chicken with his bare hands? At the same time should he hold a door open for a lady? Stand when she leaves the table?

As for us chaps (I'm sure I'm not the only one...) who after a week of not shaving look like we have the 5 O'Clock shadow of our more hirsute bretheren and could count our chest hairs on two hands - are we not 'manly' because of this?

Don't worry I'm not offended by your suggestion and I'm not on some ridiculous counter-sexism tirade - I'm just intrigued because I thought all women thought beards and taches were nasty, abrasive, unnatractive things that simply chafe the thighs. Ahem. ;-)

Reply to
Fitz

I want to reply but it might not be as eloquent as I'd like or you'd expect :-) I'm very tired and off to bed in a few minutes.

Not at all. I was suggesting that shaving off a beard is comparable with castration.

A beard is a secondary sex characteristic. Mostly only men have them. Older women sometimes do because of a shift in their hormone balance but they rarely have such a growth as men do. Very few men don't have any beard at all.

Body hair is a characteristic of both sexes, it's not sex-linked.

See above.

Behaviour is a social characteristic, it's not hormonal.

Not at all. And a woman (e.g. me) isn't less of a woman because she can kill a chicken with ungloved hands.

Those things are social conventions. It's up to the man.

Not at all. But give it time, chaps, and you'll have something nice and soft and strokable:-)

Women's breasts are their secondary sex characteristics. They vary in size but few aren't functional when necessary. Men's aren't. Hormones again.

Nor am I :-)

I don't like to see a man with just a tache, he always looks henpecked. There's no need to advertise it.

Indeed.

Spouse used to shave twice a day. In the morning to be acceptable at work, before bed so that he didn't scratch my face.

Two of our sons have a light beard growth, one has a straggly beard, the other refuses to look like that. The third (actually middle) son is the RAF one, who's not allowed to have a beard so he has to scrape every day. And he hates it. If he has a fewdays off he lets it grow, after four or five days he's far more respectable (in my terms of masculine acceptability) than either of his bros. I don't know what will be expected of him by his superiors when he goes to Afghanistan

Incidentally, most of our men friends are bearded. When our first born was a toddler we had constant visitors. Only those with beards were Daddies :-) That's 44 years ago.

Mary p.s. shaving armpits, legs or anything else is also daft - except that I one had my head shaved for surgery ... and liked the feeling, temporarily.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Why doesn't that surprise me.

I've been shaving my armpits (and "other areas") for years. A few friends have tried it, and like me, they will never go back.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Too much information Nigel, too much information...

Mungo :-)

Reply to
Mungo

I think you will find that its pretty rare on relatively 'pure' Africans.

Who are very numerous..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher