Whole/half lamb

Does anyone buy it like that? How much are they, roughly?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

I'll send that to the right group, shall I?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Which is???

Reply to
Grunff

alt.marketplace.lamb.support

I once hiked up a mountain in the himalayas and one of the guides bought a sheep at the bottom and carried him most of the way down on his shoulders... So I'm sure some people do.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Ley

alt.sheep.wellingtons?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

With half a lamb, it's okay you don't need the wellies, they don't run for it at all, no matter how rough you are.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Ley

You will need some velcro on the wellies....

Reply to
BAH

alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

uk.food+drink.misc

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

My, we are bored tonight, aren't we? ;o)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Mungo,

It will rather depend on how you buy it but lambs in Wales are currently being sold at market for about £45 to £50.

Howard Neil

Reply to
Howard Neil

Try asking the same question on uk.business.agriculture. They'll quote you and sell you prime on there. MBS

Reply to
Mr Blue Skye

Been watching DIY SOS have we? Damn it did look tasty though ! hmmm....lamb.......

John

Reply to
john

ISTR about £15 from teh farmer more or less butchered, and £50 from teh butcher

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , Jim Ley writes

he was a cave guide was he?

PS, Si -

usenetfrom

LOL

Reply to
Ophelia

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

That seems a bit of a bargain, when you consider that 2 tiny chops cost around £4 in Tesco!

ObDIY: DIY butchery - that counts, doesn't it?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

in

That or watching Hannah Huggins playing with power tools on Discovery H&L!!

John

Reply to
john

I can get 30 quid a head at market without butchering them!

Stick on abattoir costs, because it would be very illegal of me to sell self slaughtered meat, and I would have thought £25-30 wouldn't be unreasonable for an unbutchered half.

Reply to
Rob