Who would do such a thing?

Er bo. DSLRs do not need LIVE VIEW - they have a proper viewfinders and a ground glass focussing screen...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher

Now many DSLRs record video as well as stills, so they lock the mirror up for that so the viewfinder can;t be used, only the LCD.

Reply to
Andy Burns

'Need' is in the eye of the user - many of them now have it, and users have good tales of it. Mine don't - yet. Someday I'll upgrade to one with it, but I see no need for it yet.

Reply to
grimly4

I use it a lot. Its quite hard to focus when the camera is attached to a telescope and live view makes it easier some of the time.

Reply to
dennis

Some of them have more than one sensor and a beam splitter. These can leave the mirror down.

Then there are the Sony SLDs with a fixed mirror, two sensors and a EVF.

Reply to
dennis

For that and macro, seem to be where it really scores.

Reply to
grimly4

Is Adam's camera a DSLR then?

Sensayuma is not a town in California.