Who would do such a thing?

Someone has broken into a factory and stolen some cable. Any ideas what sort of a person would do that?

Damage shown below.

?action=view&current=100_0775.jpghttp://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq6/adamko2020/?action=view&current=100_0776.jpghttp://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq6/adamko2020/?action=view&current=100_0778.jpghttp://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq6/adamko2020/?action=view&current=100_0779.jpghttp://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq6/adamko2020/?action=view&current=100_0780.jpghttp://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq6/adamko2020/?action=view&current=100_0781.jpghttp://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq6/adamko2020/?action=view&current=100_0784.jpg

Reply to
ARWadsworth

who do you think?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
grimly4

someone who doesn't know the value of steel enclosures?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Actually that looks like the local commercial-vehicle ATS... without anything being stolen... :-))))

Reply to
js.b1

Dunno but there's a really suspicious looking bloke on pic 53 do you think it could be him?

Reply to
Steve Firth

The same sort of scrote that nicks optical fibre that we have ready for putting into airfield lighting installations. Thoroughly brainless. I bet they managed ooh.. a tenner's worth of scrap copper in that lot? Twenty on a really good day? They'd have to strip it all to get that sort of money.

Reply to
mick

They left you a lot more than they left me.

Reply to
mark

Or possibly pic 55? I don't think I needed to see that.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

A burglar.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Maybe uit was someone who knows that people take pictures and post them on the internet and then create huge links on news messages and then others put one line remarks on the bottom without editing out all the links thus annoying most of the rest of the readers..

Hides behind sofa... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I weighed those in:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Errr. The shutter did not open on the camera and I turned it around to have a look at it and I accidently pressed the button! It was not meant to be uploaded to Photobucket.

I am guessing a little isopropyl alcohol or meths applied with a cotton bud should unstick the shutter. Possibly caused by spilt coffee or diet coke.

Unless you or anyone else has a better suggestion.

Oh and the apprentice fell down the hole full of the stripped cable and water. If he could write he could fill an accident report form:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

> I rather like Santa's Helper on pic 97

I could email you her phone number. She is single ATM.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

A shutter? Is your camera from the past?

Heh.

I suggest water on a cotton bud first. Isopropyly alcohol can remove some paint finishes and I suspect that many parts of a camera near the lens are painted matt black.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Lets think, cameras with a shutter.. new canons, new Nikons, new sonys, new leicas, ...

Reply to
dennis

Where does one buy a camera from the future from?

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I am not sure whether it HAS a shutter or not, but my Nikon DSLR certainly has a flap up mirror which goes ker-clik.

his suggest that the shutters still exist on modern DSLR's

seems that actually all or nearly all DSLRs have shutters.

Which does no more than confirm what we all knew already - that Steve Firth is a plonked plonker whose idea of 'photography' is an i-phone..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, they all have shutters. Which if using 'live view' means they have to close before they open.

Though I suspect that the OP's camera was not a DSLR but a small compact, which in a addition to a shutter probably had a blind to protect the lens when not in use.

Reply to
djc

The EXIF data suggests one of these

Reply to