Who was on about detachable hinges ?

Sorry, can't source them

but I was up in Shrewsbury over the weekend and noticed that all my parents' doors have them

Reply to
geoff

It was me - what did you think of them?

Reply to
John

In message , John writes

well, I just thought "aha, that's where I saw them" and took a photo, just in case you wanted to see - there were more important matters to be attended to

They are hinges, they allow doors to open and close, more than that I can't say, I don't recall them ever being used for quick door removal

So, If you really want, I can send a photo

Reply to
geoff

Geoff,

Any chance of uploading that photo to

and posting the link to the group so that I could have a look as well please?

Many thanks

Tanner-'op

Reply to
Tanner-'op

Seconded - please send photo.

Reply to
John

like this ?

paintwork was nothing to do with me ...

Reply to
geoff

Mine are

dennis

Thanks Geoff.

Tanner-'op

Reply to
Tanner-'op

Your original post made me consider fitting them to a couple of doors I need to replace here. So I searched and searched. Found this US site - it certainly has a huge range of hinges and might provide enough of a brand/model id/description to help:

No - I couldn't find what I wanted. :-(

Reply to
Rod

Many thanks - the very ones. The radiused hinge flaps also lend themselves to using a Router to cut the recesses. Perhaps a factory installation rather than a chippy on site doing it the conventional way.

Reply to
John

Is that a makers logo on one of the flaps?

Reply to
John

John wrote in

Pat Pend?

;)

Reply to
PeterMcC

Those are exactly the same as mine...

They are made by TrioVing, a Norwegian company. You can find the items in their Produktkatalog

Page 213 for the hinge part (Item No. 2010-Standard) Page 217 for the door part (Item No. 2465)

I too though they were designed for mass/factory-produced doors given the nice router-friendly corners.

They must be available over here, seeing as several of us have them :o)

Reply to
FredCarnot

Well done Inspector Fred! With the number of Router fans in the UK I am surprised that more hinges don't have Router friendly corners. Perhaps our 'professionals' are traditionalists. I am now thinking that a builder imported doors with frames and all fittings from Norway. I cannot see a down-side to them can you?

Reply to
John

Don't know that I'd fancy hand-holding a router up to a door frame in situ.... Let's face it, square corners are much easier to cut with a chisel :o)

I'd say you were right. The strike plate has rounded corners too and the cut-out in the frame for the catch to drop into has been done with a router. These are obviously factory produced items sold as a complete kit, rather than the 'make it up as you go along' method...

Nope.

Reply to
FredCarnot

Just looking at the April 2008 Premdor catalogue of doors and windows. On page 64 it describes their DorKit replacement door kits that consist of door frames and pre-mounted doors - with hinges described as:

"Hung on white or bronze effect hinges, which offer adjustment of door to stop and removal if required."

Photo is not easy to interpret - too small - but they do appear to be asymmetric which might mean they are generally of the type mentioned earlier. Wondering if those earlier ones came from a similar source?

Reply to
Rod