Who wanted some drills?

How about these?

dennis

Available for much less than that.

Reply to
David Lang

Given it's the large drills which cost the most, and there look to be only

3 of the largest sizes, pretty poor value compared to the Lidl etc sets.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've often wondered if the cheap bits I buy at Lidl are as good as Bosch bits from my local hardware store at thrice the price ?

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Were they the Lidl Powerfix set in a decent blue steel case? 1 - 10mm in

0.5mm steps?

That's what I use here for general stuff and they're just fine.

Of course you can find cheap and nasty drills. But cheap doesn't always mean nasty. Bosch from a hardware store might well cost no more ex-factory.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

ALDI ones are pretty good.

Reply to
David Lang

I did get a set from Aldi - must be 100+ bits in a large plastic case. Not very good at all, but they were less than £10.

I've had a set of these for about 5 years, and I've given them a real hammering (er, drilling), and they seem to be as good as new:

RJH

In message , RJH writes

My 'most useful' set came, remaindered, from Lidl well over 5 years ago. They have been used by me and borrowed by the sons whenever they wanted to drill something, so gradually the best bits disappeared. Ho ho.

They were either £5.99 or £9.99 and came in a double opening plastic case that made folding one lid down over the holesaws provide many fun challenges.

One of the opening halves melt-welded shut in the fire in the Disco. As the saying goes, I don't miss the car but I do miss the drills.

PS We got the Grand Cherokee. Another set of d-i-y challenges.

Reply to
Bill