Who sells hydrogen peroxide?

No trouble getting 25 litres, or half a litre, but I'm looking for 5 litre packaging (30% conc). A web search might be easier if I knew which trades use it. I'm sick of reading about hairdressing and teeth whitening. Thanks for any pointers.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Well it's definitely used for cleaning contact lenses; Boots will sell you 200mL of a 1% solution for a couple of quid. But I doubt that helps much! I think it's manufactured by Ciba Vision.

Lab suppliers like

will sell it I'm sure, but at a price and probably not to the general public, if that's what you are!

If you can get 25L or 0.5L, seems odd you can't find 5L?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Look for Chemical wholesalers in yellow pages.

Dave

Reply to
dave stanton

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:30:13 -0000,it is alleged that "Tony" spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

Sadly you're probably correct. Especially if someone now mentions acetone. Oops.

Reply to
Chip

Now you mention it, there is a bloke outside in dark glasses with big feet reading The Sun.....

Reply to
Stuart Noble

No trouble finding a 200 litre drum either. Wood finishing suppliers have 5L as part of a 2 pack bleach but I don't need the other part. IIRC it's used in agriculture

Reply to
Stuart Noble

A N.I. located friend of mine ordered some parts from Maplin to make an FM tuner. Special Branch came round to see him..

Reply to
OldBill

Unless you want armed response teams bursting into your house in the middle of the night I would steer clear of asking for this. Unfortunately for you, your name, address, date of birth, ethnic origin etc will be flashing on someones computer screen for investigation,as you read this. I hope for your sake you're not jumpy... Tony

Reply to
Tony

Now you mention it, there is a bloke outside in dark glasses with big feet reading The Sun.....

And what did he do after the 30 seconds it took him to do that?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Not a hope. A few weeks ago it would have been difficult, now it will be impossible.

Why would you need 30% anyway? - that's pretty pokey stuff. For wood bleaching I can't imagine you needing more than a litre or so.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Really?, Whatever for?.....

Reply to
tony sayer

LOL I can't disagree with that :-)

And that includes the drivelling mouth looking at the topless totty :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

BBC T.V. makes them out to be not that bright, or they tend to swing to tory blair.

bliar watchers note...

I was under the official secrets act UK eyes B, when I worked and still am!

Dave

Reply to
Dave

One of my brothers used to dabble in electronics. He was rudely awakened very early one morning by the unannounced entry of some rozzers in mufti, some of whom examined his PCBs whilst others pointed shooters at his head.

Reply to
Aidan

Thats your Control. He will be conatcting you shortly with a carefully torn half page of the Q'ran...;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Germans used concentrated hydrogen peroxide as a propellant for their V-1 flying bomb. It was used to rapidly generate steam for the launching catapult. They called it T-Stoff.

As most German rocket development went to America after the war, perhaps N.A.S.A. could give you a lead :-)

Roger

Reply to
Roger R

The V1 was a pulse jet powered by petrol.

The V2 was the rocket and use hydrogen peroxide as an oxidant.

Reply to
dennis

I hereby state that I have now STOPPED LOOKING for hydrogen peroxide :-) Sodium percarbonate seems to work just as well. Better stock up from my secret source before that gets difficult to find.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Also used on one of their rocket propelled fighters, Heinkel,Me 262 or something; some otaku anorak will know. The planes used to crash frequently on take off or landing. I've read that if the pilot escaped instant cremation, he'd probably get dissolved by the hydrogen peroxide.

Reply to
Aidan

I am that anorak. Take off mainly, they glided in to land empty having IIRC used thei ca. 8 minutes fuel. Me 163 Komet

Scraggy