Who says Electricians are Bright Sparks?

Thought this might amuse one or two of you.

Terry W.

He might be a plumber who has had an accident!!

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

;o)

Reply to
Gizmo.

John Rumm

It isn't Drivel by any chance?

Reply to
<me9

Would anyone like to explain what the real dangers actually are?

Reply to
dennis

I think I tend to agree with you. This is a classic example of blindly assuming that water and electricity don't mix.

Assuming that the power tool is suitable waterproof and supplied via an RCD the worker (who is not necessarily an electrician at all) is at little risk from an electric shock.

The alternative method draining the pool and using an access tower would be well over the top, if all he's doing is putting a hook up.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I would tend to agree, although it would have been even less risk if he used a cordless!

Reply to
John Rumm

Agreed 100%, although even my Makita (quality cordless) with a DeWalt extreme (sharp) masonry bit would struggle with concrete.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

If you dropped a cheap and nasty mains drill in the pool it still isn't going to give him even a mild jolt.

You would need to do something really silly with an earth wire before you could get a shock.

A Hilti gun would be my preferred method its quicker even if it is more dangerous.

Reply to
dennis

Like reaching in to retrieve it...

Haven't seen an earthed drill for decades.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It would have little effect.. there has to be a current path through the body for you to get a shock. There isn't one created by just dropping a drill in a pool you have to have something else too.

Less chance of getting a shock then.

Reply to
dennis