Who needs a concrete pump when you have this chap?

Inventive, but probably gets the H&S bods to wet themselves...

John Rumm

Well, he was careful not to let go (shades of Hoffnung)

Reply to
newshound

In article , John Rumm scribeth thus

Now who said work couldn't be fun;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

No, the ladder would be the wetting.

The bucket would complete the act with both holes.

Reply to
Ericp

Reminds me of this

Andy

Although that's heavily based on the Hoffnung one many years earlier - Hoffnung was mentioned up thread.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Did anyone ever find him funny? To me he was tedious and irritating. Bit like Tom Lehrer.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Like Hoffnung and Lehrer more so - the Vatican Rag is a classic IMHO.

Reply to
rbel

Perhaps you like Count Arthur Strong. I think Hoffnung and Lehrer were brilliant; tedious and irritating doesn't begin to describe what I think of CAS.

Reply to
newshound

How insulting! Surely suggesting that someone likes CAS is one of the ultimate insults of our time. Regardless of medium - radio of television.

Lehrer - excellent though a bit dated. Hoffnung, OK in modest doses.

Reply to
polygonum

Did Lehrer do a song about the chemical elements? That was good because it was unexpected. Otherwise it's just slapstick which is irritating because it's obvious.

I'm reminded of oh wossname who was in Arthur and 10. There was another film he did where there was a poolside scene. Telephone on a small table with lots of phone wire leading into the house. And yes, you've guessed it, the phone rings and he answers it, and distractedly gets wound up the the cable and the whole shooting match, him included, ends up in the pool.

Tedious because you guess 0.0000001 secs into the scene that this is going to happen.

I've never heard of Count Arthur Strong. When is/was he on?

Reply to
Tim Streater

The "shades of Hoffnung" was lost on me. I thought maybe it was a type of hoist. I will go and look up Hoffnung.

Reply to
Andy

Bear in mind it was delivered 55 years ago

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Radio 4, just transferred to TV last week.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

And jolly good riddance to him, too.

Reply to
John Williamson

I know! Where's his hi-vis waistcoat?

The ladder quality looks "interesting" as well; but I guess that's overlookable under the circumstances.

Reply to
Lobster

And the daftest thing is that doing it "The Safety Way" (Max Bygraves, as recorded for the NCB) would have been easier....

Reply to
John Williamson

His descent looks a lot safer than his ascent!

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

That ladder has a somewhat "home made" look... not to mention the way he seems to favour the left side as if it might fall over / apart otherwise.

Reply to
John Rumm

Reminds me of

Mike