Who knows what a Tauchsieder is in English?

After that add, I spent ages trying to find one and ended up with a 12V travel kettle. It made a few Pot Noodles on its travels.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

12 volt version. Not suitable.

MM

Reply to
MM

| They are easily obtainable here: |=20 |

|=20| "Immersion heater" =A34.75 about 11th item down

No that is the 12V version, OP wanted 240/230V one.

--=20 Dave Fawthrop Sick of Premium SMS scams, SMS marketing, Direct marketing phone calls, Silent phone calls?=20 Register with

they work :-)

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

We call ours "the magic dipper". Cost 25p in a charity shop in York fifteen years ago.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

For sure it's a portable immersion heater. They come in various sizes from (3cm x 8cm) suitable for a mug up to ones about (20cm x 60cm) to heat a baptistry.

My wife (whose ethnicity is Austrian) had one that we always used to take on travels to Austria (them not having a culture of doing hot drinks for yourself in the hotel room).

Soon after we had arrived I was in the shower and she decided to use the trusty venerable antique to make a cuppa. I was promptly plunged into total darkness. She was unaware that all the leccy had gone and was getting an ear bashing about not turning the lights off. Very soon the leccy came back on (by itself) and immediate went out again. At this point I realised that they had "sophisticated" electrics and I then twigged that our venerable 'Tauchsieder' (which is what we called it) was the culprit.

We purchased a new one later. I was as impressed with the auto-recloser as I was unimpressed with the lack of separation of circuits for safety and convenience.

Tauchsieder great for cuppas and earth faults.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

OMG so did I. Forgotten all about it. Made the tea taste a bit weird tho. Suz

Reply to
Suz

Is this what you are looking for?

Kaiser

I think he was replying to Sam Nelson, rather than the OP, who had been looking for a 12V.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Ah yes, assumed Sam was responding about correct thingummy. Should have checked back.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Not burnt out yet, then?

MM

Reply to
MM

Indeed it is! Congratulations, Wilhelm, we have a winner!

MM

Reply to
MM

I had one of those years ago.

I confess to littering the countryside with it. I threw it out of the sunroof one day when I was driving along anticipating a brew when it started to pour out smoke. I was in traffic on the no-stopping A-something at the time and couldn't pull over.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Now I'm back from my trip to Hamburg over the Christmas break and am now the proud owner - at last - of a Tauchsieder! 9.99=80 in Karstadt. The store had about half-a-dozen different sorts to choose from. When I was sitting in the plane on the way home I kicked myself for not buying another half-dozen! Probably could have made a tidy profit selling them on.

MM

Reply to
MM

Now I'm back from my trip to Hamburg over the Christmas break and am now the proud owner - at last - of a Tauchsieder! 9.99? in Karstadt. The store had about half-a-dozen different sorts to choose from. When I was sitting in the plane on the way home I kicked myself for not buying another half-dozen! Probably could have made a tidy profit selling them on.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Will they cook those too?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Groschen were used in Austria, not Germany. 100 of them to a schilling. Germany used pfennigs, with 100 to a deutschemark.

Marcus

Reply to
Marcus Fox

In Germany a Groschen is a 10-pfennig piece. If you had ever lived in Germany, like I did for almost 13 years, you would know this.

MM

Reply to
MM