Who is the oldest?

Anyone like to put themselves forward as possibly the oldest active DIYer in this group?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

68
Reply to
harry

In message , Bill Wright writes

I'm a war baby although farming was a reserved occupation.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Had it not been for the war, I'd probably have been older.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

73 but I would not be surprised if there were some 80 or 90s.
Reply to
F Murtz

Unbeliever. 142 YO.

Reply to
David Lang

Or five.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Not there yet, but I probably will be by the time I get this place finished.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

75 but it's more often GSI* than DIY these days!

*Get Someone In

Reply to
The Other John

I'm a mere sixty-five and five-sixths but I have a feeling that t'other Nick who posts here has a few years headstart on me.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

I'm 56 but after doing a little concreting the other day I felt more like

106 whereas normally I only feel about 88. Does that count?
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

snap - on the age front. I've acquired all these tools over the years, it seems a shame not to use them.

Reply to
Charles Hope

There is nothing wrong with acting like a 5 year old.

The gf refused to take a video so I just asked the nearest person to take one for me.

Reply to
ARW

I'm in my fourth reincarnation. The rest of you lot can stand down.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

66 and I did feed three jumbo bags of aggregate + cement into the mixer for the guy who is laying my patio base on Thursday and Friday.

Because I reckon two guys mixing + laying get three times as much laid as one person on their own.

I felt better than I expected to afterwards!

Reply to
newshound

Oh, concreting is a bugger. There's always more of it just looking at you.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright