Who invented what?

Nope, as you are a total witless plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

As I've said, anyone can play your 'Lets change what was said' game...

Reply to
:Jerry:

It wouldn't be on the floor if Newton had not invented gravity first.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I agree.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Another plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

But he did invented gravity and the hook corrected it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Such wit.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I saw one two minutes ago. Nearly got run over by the f*cking thing

Reply to
Andy Hall

Why is that?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Indeed.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yes, a total plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes, a total plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

We all agree.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Repetition.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Given the context, I presume he means in London. However, he would have been about one year old when I was riding on the last London tram - 55 years ago last week.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

I also recall gas lamps in North London in the 1950s. I remember they were replaced first with mercury vapour lamps, then later low pressure sodium, but I have no idea of when those changes happened.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman" saying something like:

Through the slot, silly.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Plowman (News)" saying something like:

Kerosene was the thing then. Available at thousands of local hardware stores or in every village shop at the time.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

My primary school here in the wilds of Twickenham got electricity in 1950, IOW were I ten years older I could claim to have sat in a gas lit classroom! My secondary school (1939 built) had gas lights in the main hall as emergency lights which were lit for school plays etc.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Not all of it.

Adam