Who has a Zyliss, zVise2, Gripmaster multi vise thing?

Hi all,

I believe I have one of the 'original (somewhere) vises that were sold at the various exhibitions around at the time (probably the 'Model Engineer' for me) I've recently discovered a 'Gripmaster' that looks fairly complete but is missing one of the bench clamps (rendering the whole thing pretty useless). ;-(

I believe this is the only similar thing still in production:

$19.95 for one so depending on p+p (from The States), could be ok if it fits.

You can still buy a new complete system:

One left in stock, $399.95!

So, anyone here got one and do you actually use it (and if so for what)?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yes, I've got one called a "Zyliss profi-king Plus" that's still in its (slightly battered) box; I'd forgotten I had it until seeing your question. Buying it seemed like a good idea at the time but it's had very little use and looks virtually new - maybe a candidate for eBay if I can persuade myself it won't come in useful at some time.

Reply to
no_spam

I've never really found any vice which clamps to the bench any real use.

I do have one which as a ball joint (on the electronics bench) which is in constant use, but the base is screwed to the bench.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have seen that model mentioned in my Googling.

It's one of those things that a good demo might convince even people who weren't regularly building or doing stuff 'must have'. ;-)

(I've been known to buy stuff, partly because of how much effort and often humour the demonstrator has put into it). ;-) [1]

In hindsight I think it's one of those things that could really suit a tiny percentage of the (d-i-y) population very well, especially someone requiring an extra pair of hands in a more mobile role possibly?

I think one of the major flaws is in it's basic format, the vise jaws are probably at 90 degrees to how most people would want them, without using the alternative T nut type mount.

Cheers, T i m

[1] I've also found that if you hang about after the main audience has wandered off and talked to the demonstrator ... I've often got the thing cheaper. ;-)
Reply to
T i m

replying to T i m, Bob Acosta Tx wrote: I have one i must jave bought 20 years ago, or close to it. I was just using it over the holidays and works great.

Reply to
Bob Acosta Tx