White induction hob on white marble/granite?

My better half is convinced this will look good. I'm not so sure.

Can such a combination look good? We are thinking dark cherry units.

I am really not convinced about the white hob though. It is black all the way for me, but perhaps I can be convinced otherwise?

-- JJ

Reply to
Jason

Marble isn't a normal worktop surface as it stains and is dissolved by acids such as vinegar, orange juice etc. Also marble isn't that hard relative to granite so likely to chip and scratch.

mark

Reply to
mark

Maybe granite then, or even some plastic-over-chipboard stuff (can't remember any of the brand names).

-- JJ

Reply to
Jason

It'll be appalling unless you're prepared to keep it utterly clean and shiny - and it'll still look naff even then.

(my wife has just suggested getting a spaghetti sauce coloured hob...)

Reply to
Clive George

In message , Jason writes

Nah - go for girly pink then you can both agree its horrid

Reply to
geoff

It's only a good idea, if neither of you intends to do any cooking. Marble stains easily, and burnt-on spills on a white hob look dreadful. That's why, when I got rid of my white one, its replacement was black.

Reply to
S Viemeister

A friend of mine rented a house last year which had a brand new kitchen with a marble worksurface which was a horrendous off white colour with reddy brown spots.

It really was difficult to see where it was clean and where it was covered in, say, a splodge of spilt curry sauce.

I couldn't decide whether it was eminently practical or not!

Reply to
Jim

Don't joke about stuff like that, in case it gives her ideas.

Reply to
Jason

Thank you all. I just have to put the good fight now and we should be sorted.

-- Jason

Reply to
Jason

Nah - pink is for boys and blue for girls. QI last week. :-)

Reply to
Rod

OK MANLY pink, then ...

Reply to