White gloss purchase tips?

I am looking to gloss many surfaces in my new house, I have previously seen advertisements for white gloss that stays white. Is this any good? Is it worth buying this considering the extra cost?

Are any other makes of white gloss better/worse?

anon

How much is the difference and do you smoke?

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

No I don't smoke, I'm not sure of the price difference yet but I wonder if the ones which claim to stay white have any real drawbacks.

anon

You might find that these types are water based as apposed to oil based that's why they stay whiter longer. I found they dried out quicker while painting and left a few brush marks which, if you kept going over, made them worse as the underlayer had started to dry therefore dragging the brush, but this of course is only my experience.

Mike. ..........................

: >> I am looking to gloss many surfaces in my new house, I have previously : >> seen advertisements for white gloss that stays white. Is this any : >> good? Is it worth buying this considering the extra cost? : >

: >How much is the difference and do you smoke? :

Reply to
Mike James

The stay white types are acrylic. Virtually no resistance to wear and tear, show brushmarks, and just look plasticky. Imagine a white plastic bag stuck to your woodwork and that's about how it looks.

Reply to
stuart noble

"stuart noble"

Reply to