Whirlpool Washing machine no spin

Well, sounds silly, but it seems not to want to spin, it performs all other functions perfectly well with a small load, it just won't spin at the end of the program. Is there a 'load sensor' on these? It spins perfectly well with a larger load. Of course, my SO insists it always worked before with a small load and we need a new machine...

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Always worth checking that the drain system and water level sensor are clear when a machine doesn't spin. I can't see a mechanisn why, if one of these is blocked, it will spin on a full load but blockages in these areas seem common.

Clear the various pipes to the outlet hose and the hose itself. The level sensor is usually a disk like object- about 60mm in diameter and 20 mm thick- with a thin pipe to the drain system and a couple of wires.

Look for a grey chalk like sludge.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Does it not move at all, or just rotate slowly?

Had both faults on our Whirlpool machine, first was caused by the level sensor already mentioned and the second was a cracked solder joint on the motor controller board. Easily fixed though ;)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Rotates slowly, quite odd really, if I load it with one particular towel, it won't spin, if I add another towel it spins merrily

Will check out the motor controller tomorrow, thanks. I'll let you know how I get on.

BTW, the pump spins and drains the machine, I clean the trap every six months or so, hateful job but usually worth it for the small change.

Reply to
Clint Sharp