Whirlpool Dishwasher Problem

I recently purchased a second hand Whirlpool Dishwasher and plumbed it in myself.

It has never worked right from day one, the little green light that is on it flashes four times then pauses, then flashes four times etc etc. Is this a fault code? If so what does it mean? I cannot find a manual online or otherwise and the model number is ADP 4504 and I think it might be a special number for Comet or something as I cannot find that number on the Whirpool website.

Anyway if I press the button to start it doesnt seem to do anything, but if I switch the thing off at the mains for a short time and then back on and keep the start button pressed in for a few seconds it starts up. It goes through the whole cycle but the wash quality is quite poor and the remnants of any water left on the dishes is dirty.

Has anyone got an idea what's wrong with it?

Jay

Reply to
Jay

What is the 12 digit reference code on the label on your machine ?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I can't find a label with 12 digit code on it...

Reply to
Jay

It'll be on the back?

the filters might need cleaning?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Fault 4 is "Draining Failure"

Peter

Reply to
powerstation

Thanks. What does that mean? What could cause a draining failure? I have checked the filters and they are clear.

Reply to
Jay

Do you have water remaining in the machine after a wash ?

Reply to
powerstation