Whirlpool AWO 3551 intermittent problem becoming more permanent?

Hi all, I usually lurk and rarely chip in as my knowledge is dwarved by everyone elses!

I thought I would post a problem we have with our Whirlpool Washer

Basically over the last month or so it will die completely half way through a wash, no reason specifically and at no particular point in the cycle that I can tell. On turning it on and off it would usually restart.

I've checked the filter and all hoses to ensure there's no blockages, which there weren't.

Once it didn't restart and I thought it was completely buggered and kicked it, bloody thing restrarted LOL.

Anyway yesterday, it's completly died and Ive done a few forum searches etc and had the top off while a mate came round who knows nothing of washing machines but plenty about testing live circuits and he's confirmed there's leccy getting to the machine, to the on off switch to the mode dial etc etc. But through all this there was not exterior indication of life :-/

Then when testing the (I assume) control board which is in the upper right of the machine looking at it, the lights came on and there was life!

Control board pic from behind

board from in front
of us know why though, seems bloody odd. It is making a clicking noise which I now remember it doing before which sounds like a relay almost? I don't remember though if it used to do this from new or not though :-/

So, does anyone have any idea on what the problem could be at all and what I can possibly do about it?

Im time rich cash poor so I know it could be a case of a new machine if I can get a couple of hundred quid together :-( but any help is appreciated

Reply to
Donnie