Whirlpol Bath Desanitizer

Hi, We have not been supplied with desanitizer tablets for use with our new Athena whirlpool bath installed this week and have visitors arriving on Monday for Christmas. These are the tablets concerned:

tablets are supposed to be used to disinfect the bath after each use. I have not been able to source anything similar locally. Has anyone any ideas what else I can use to disinfect the bath please? Cheers and Merry Christmas, Steve

Reply to
Steve

I'm sure you must mean 'sanitizer' rather than 'desanitizer'. Unless you don't like your visitors...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

A very dilute solution of Milton should do the job

Reply to
Andy Hall

The tablets are supposed to be used to disinfect the bath after each use.

Google on sodium dichloroisocyanurate tablets to see what's available. Since they are used in hospital disinfection you may find a chemist or an industrial cleaning materials supplier may stock them.

PeterK

Reply to
PeterK

Thanks to all for your advice. I've got some Milton tablets which are sodium dichloroisocyanurate so I guess I can just throw one of them in with the system on for a few minutes. Regards, Steve

Reply to
Steve

Borrow a baby and let it swim around in the bath for a bit shortly after being fed. The bath will soon become desanitized.

Reply to
Peter Parry

;0

Reply to
clot

The instructions with our whirlpool bath, installed many years ago, probably before tablets, recommended: Fill bath above jets etc. with hot water and pour in a half cup of dishwasher powder and 1 cup of bleach. Run for 5 minutes, switch off, clean rest of bath in the warm water then drain, getting rid of bubbles, if any are left. Fill with cold water and run again for 5 minutes. Drain. Recommended interval between such applications was one or two weeks, depending on use.

Reply to
JohnW

We got a bubbly bath thing a while back... Didn't really think about "desanitizing" it.. Soap's self-cleaning, right?

Anyway, we recently got some blue liquid stuff - main ingridient seems to be caustic soda - run it round in hot water for 10 minutes with the air turned off, then fill with cold, to rinse it out.

It's called "Swirl Away" or something like that and they suggest monthly cleaning... (We use the bath about once a week, and shower in it the rest of the time)

I have to say, that for the litre or so of old bath water that gets left in the pipes, I'm not overly concerned to do much more than fill the bath with cold water afterwards and rinse it out with that...

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson