Whinging bastards

I was asked if I could fix the boiler in the village Scout Hut - broken inbuilt programmer and they had had a quote of £150 to fix it.

I said I could do it for free with a stand alone programmer - which I have just done - and the cow in charge has just called me to complain that I used a second hand programmer. FFS I even printed off a set of instuctions for them.

Reply to
ARW

Take it out and tell her to f*ck off.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Charge 'em £151 to replace it with a new one.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

'Would you like a new one? Certainly. I'd advise its not necessary, but I c= an do that for you if you're sure that's what you want.' Then send them the= bill. You might even itemise it as replacing programmer - free, then suppl= y & fit new programmer - =A3=A3=A3.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Did she perhaps not understand that _you_ were NOT the person who quoted GBP150? If she thought they were being charged that much, I can see why she might be annoyed at finding a 2nd-hand unit had been used.

Or perhaps she's just a nasty old cow.

Reply to
S Viemeister

The less you charge the more they whinge.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ho yuss. A company I used to work for ran a free shuttle from a Tesco store to the town centre, and that service generated more complaints than the rest of the network (50 plus services) put together.

Same for a "free holiday" coach service we used to run for a promotional company. The less they pay, the more they expect.

Reply to
John Williamson

I thought that the bit of green paint around the programmer gave it a scouting theme:-)

Reply to
ARW

Knowing how well communication (doesn't) happen within such groups that =

is a distinct possibilty.

In which case remove the programmer that was provided and installed for =

free and let 'em pay the =A3150. Make sure the parents know what has happened...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It's sorted. She thought that she was going to be billed £150 for the job and did not know that I had I had done it for free.

Reply to
ARW

I hope she was properly apologetic.

Reply to
S Viemeister

She was nice when I spoke to her again. I will soon be fitting a free room stat and a frost stat.

I suppose it it did not help that the £150 quote was from someone also called Adam.

Reply to
ARW

Careful, with all the back pedalling she'll have to do from her original position she might lose some weight and that would never do. Oh shit, there I go again . . . .

Reply to
fred

Outrageous!!!

Reply to
Adam Funk

Glad that you have sorted this amicably but, a boiler in the Scout Hut? I though they were (almost) self-igniting Nick.

Reply to
Nick

She obviously doesn't know you from Adam....

Dave H. (the other one)

Reply to
news.virginmedia.com

Hmm, SWMBO's a GP, and certainly gets that in spades... :(

David

Reply to
Lobster

Do they still make smokey fires in the bushes these days then? (Dib dib dib) I thought they sat in front of computers these days?

Reply to
harry

Did she apologise?

Reply to