Which Workmate? - follow up

I asked a few weeks ago about getting a new Workmate type bench. So, off down to the B+Q Warehouse today to get one. I was expecting to get a decent one, like my old one which cost around £70 10+ years ago. I came away with a basic £9.98 B+Q branded one, which I didnt expect much of, but for the use I needed, thought would be OK. So, off home to build it up, and surprisingly, it is quite good. Sturdy, only 1 height, but the adjustable jaws and bench top are better than my old B+D workmate. The old one had plastic threads for the jaws, with a chipboard top, the new 'cheap' one had a metal threads, and, apparently, a bamboo top. It looks like pine, certanly better than the B+D one. A true bargain at £10. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Fair enough, although I would quite like to find one of the original, all diecast, ones.

Reply to
nog