which water heating should I go for?

Currently we are on an Economy 7 tarrif, with a hot water tank with 1 immersion heater.

The tank/heater I think is buggered (see other thread 'immersion heating woes' here...

)

Now, do I:

a) replace the tank with a like for like, with a new (possibly longer) immersion heater. b) have an Economy 7 tank with 2 heater fitted, and I guess new timing devices, etc. c) ditch the whole immersion heating idea and get a gas heating combi thing?

I've got a rough ideas on how much is involved for (a) and (b) and rough costs, but what's involved with (c)?

cheers

Reply to
Russ

)

It'll need to be a Part L tank.

A part L tank has two holes you put a short immersion heater in the bottom side hole to heat the whole tank on E7, or a blank plug if going for gas/oil primary heating. You put a long one in the top for a booster/ failed boiler back-up.

That would be the whole combi v. stored debate. The only thing tipping the balance slightly is that you already have the cost of the new cylinder towards the combi. See the main FAQ. With google searches you'll have to pick through the ashes of the flame wars.

See the New choosing a boiler FAQ below. Then ask for more details.

Reply to
Ed Sirett