Which Washing Machine ??

That water needs to be treated, pumped and heated, all of which produces CO2 and other pollution.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Although spending the money on an ion exchange water softener instead will make even the mankiest washing machine wash well.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Huge typed

Coo! I'm agreeing with you *again*! Am I ill?

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

No, just initially mistaken.

Reply to
Huge

Huge typed

There's nothing wrong with my 'H'; you might have one too!

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

Agreed. Looking at the state of the showroom model is always a good way to estimate durability.

Reply to
djc

Our Whirlpool thingy is into it's 10th year now, All I have had to do is swap around the control knobs changing much used ones for little used ones, though recently I had to "fix" the program knob with a blob of araldite. Apart from that, it's been perfect. Cost about £350 new IIRC.

Perhaps 2 hours DIY labour with no cost outlay on parts or call-outs.

It has over the years been used daily when we had numerous lodgers, though now perhaps 3 washes a week max are all it gets.

Reply to
PeTe33

Thats the trouble. My *25* year old Hotpoints is still going..the *5* year old one got ditched for a Miele after it became a repairmans dream. Everything was breaking.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

jumping slightly OT... When I were a lad I used to repair lawnmowers... Kept my old folks' "qualcast concorde" going year after year with the occasional re-grind of the cylinder and new bottom plate.

Now you can buy a new plastic one for less than a round of beers, I doubt there is much call for repairing them these days.... well, not judging by our local tip!

Reply to
PeTe33