Which twin shower pump?

I live in a bungalow consequently a small head on the recently installed thermostatic shower unit. I'm only getting a trickle so I want to boost the pressure a little, nothing fancy like a 3.5 bar multiple shower unit, just a small boost. The base of the roof header tank is approx 600mm above the shower head, the minimum head recommended for the thermostatic unit is 0.1 bar which I assume is approx 1000mm. I cannot seem to find a shower giving less than 1.3 bar, my main concerns are :

1 Reliability. 2 long life. 3 high ambient temperature ( installation in Airing cupboard). 4 Continuous rating.

Would the inclusion of valved bypasses from inlets to outlets reduce the strain on the pump by lowering the outlet pressure, or would the consequent increased volume through the pump be detrimental to reliability. Any thoughts and/or recommendations as to which pump I should buy.

I'm inclined towards :

?id=89207&ts=34457What does the team think?

Regards Don

Reply to
Don

Neither if you want to meet all those criteria.

Go for a Stuart Turner one.

e.g.

better

just used that site as a source of links - shop around for better price)

You shouldn't do bypasses. Simply connecting in 15mm if you don't want too much flow will do it.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Whilst the valve manufacturer claims 0.1 bar is acceptable, most people find around 1 bar to be ideal. Much less than 1 bar and it will not be satisfying, unless you are using a low pressure drencher head that doesn't particularly benefit from pressure. Over 3 bar and the massage can be too powerful.

1.3 bar will provide an excellent shower and needs no modification.

Stuart Turner Showermate 1.4 bar twin.

you want to go all out for reliability and unlimited duty cycle, then I'd go for a

Stuart Turner Monsoon 1.0 bar twin

should buy a pump with negative head capability, as you may find the flow switches are unreliable with such a low head. A negative head unit has a separate pull cord to kick start the pump.

However, there are alternatives to using this. If you also feed the bath taps, then these, being lower down and larger bore will easily start the pump. I used to do this on my last house. You just set the shower and blip the bath hot tap.

For a bit more money you can get special flow switches that work automatically.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

"Christian McArdle" wrote in answer

Reply to
mutley

They still sound knackered, whatever some test with a small magent tells you. Unless you've got a leak (or secondary circulation loop) or something.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

It was impressed - it was quiet, smooth, and completely transformed the shower to give a decent performance without being excessive.

Fed the bath taps from it as well and it made a dramatic improvement to bath filling. (head without the pump was perhaps 1.8m at best)

Reply to
John Rumm

Many thanks for the info/recomendations, One Stuart Turner Monsoon 1.0 bar twin ordered.

Regards Don

Reply to
Don