Which tile adhesive?

I'm tiling onto 12mm WBP ply to create a bath panel.

Do I use the 'adhesive for wooden floors' I used to fix the floor tiles, or the usual wall adhesive I used to fix these same tiles to the plastered walls?

Or does it not matter?

TIA

Wall tile stuff has always worked for me. You'll know within a few minutes if it's grabbing or not

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Wall is good enough.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I gave the wall adhesive a try and it seemed to stick but within a couple of hours most of the tiles were hanging off. The adhesive appeared to have expanded and forced them away from the board. A couple, though are quite firm.

Looks like I've got some cleaning off to do to try the wooden floors adhesive.

If that fails, I've always got a cartridge of Screwfix's Pink Grip!

I used evostik waterproof adhesive.. it is less likely to do that..the cheaper ones dry very fast and don't adhere properly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The wall adhesive has worked well on walls in the past but this was pretty much the bottom of the tub and not in best condition.

I've now tried the 'tile on wood' adhesive on the bottom row of cuts and it seems to have been much more successful so that looks like the way to go.