Which Surveyor?

Hi.

I need someone to state in writing that a particular job has been done, so I presume a surveyor would be the one to choose. I know there are various types, but which kind to choose? Its a very simple thing, so the cheapest should be fine in this case. Just a case of inspecting the job and writing down that its been done.

Thanks! NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

lol! I need 'proof' that the building job has been done as per spec, paper pusher proof rather than come see for yourself proof. Photos wont do. Sorry to deprive you of your fiver :(

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Well, the obvious question is what does the contract specify, and what type of work is it that needs to be inspected?

If it's something like the installation of an RSJ or building a wall then you perhaps ought to try and engage the services of a Building Surveyor or Structural Engineer.

If it's electrical then a qualified electrician is probably what you need.

If it's nothing quite so technical, and the contract doesn't specify a particular professional qualification, then perhaps approaching an Estate Agent who manages lettings may well be sufficient.

Of course if the contract is so loose as to not specify any level of qualification in the assessor, then you could probably get your mum, gran, etc etc to give it a quick once over & write a letter, but that might be taking the piss somewhat.....

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

You are going to need to find out (read contract? / ask person that wants proof) what proof is needed.

For some sorts of building for example, you need to get it inspected at various points throughout, and acceptable proof cannot now be obtained.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I have, I need a surveyor to confirm work done.

Its not been done yet. One inspection should suffice, the rest of the work is only cosmetic.

I guess no-one knows the answer to the original q. Thanks for the ideas guys n gals.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Why? Building regs, peace of mind, to satisfy a contract, ... The sort of inspection/surveyor you need will vary.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

To demonstrate to insurers that necessary work has been done. To satisfy a 3rd party surveyor To avoid loss of property value by being able to show in future that all presribed work has been done.

Sounds like I may need to go back to the insurers again.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Indeed, they'll know what they want, and it's a bad idea to guess. They may actually in some cases be happy with photos.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I think youre right on that one :) Thanks.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton